It is really annoying when you just had a wild party at your house and your friends (and you) forgetting you have wood furniture. Now, you have watermark stains everywhere on your wood table because of the wet glasses last night. Calm down and here are the tips to clean the stains on the wood furniture.
1. Use baking soda. Make a paste of 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon water. Gently rub the spot in a circular motion until it disappears. Remember not to use too much water.
2. Do you have petroleum jelly? If yes, just use it. To make the stains disappear, apply petroleum jelly and let it sit overnight. In the morning, wipe the watermark away with the jelly.
3. Salt. Make watermarks left from glasses or bottles disappear by mixing 1 teaspoon salt with a few drops of water to form a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the ring with a soft cloth or sponge and work it over the spot until it’s gone. Restore the luster of your wood with furniture polish.
4. Toothpaste. To get rid of those watermark rings left by sweating beverages, gently rub some non-gel toothpaste on the wood with a soft cloth. Then wipe it off with a damp cloth and let it dry before applying furniture polish. For even stronger cleaning power, mix equal parts white toothpaste and baking soda. Rub the paste parallel to the wood grain, wipe it off, and then polish with lemon oil.
5. Vinegar. To remove white rings left by wet glasses on wood furniture, mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and apply it with a soft cloth while moving with the wood grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to shine it up. To get white water rings off leather furniture, dab them with a sponge soaked in full-strength white vinegar.